The 2018 WQA Product Certification Forum is set for June 11-12, 2018 in Lisle, Illinois.
Location: Sheraton Lisle, Naperville Hotel (walking distance to WQA Headquarters)
This is an ideal opportunity for Product Certification clients to hear the latest trends and updates on industry news, standards and schemes, and provide input to help improve the timeliness for achieving certification.
Monday, June 11 from 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday evening: Group outing that will include transportation and dinner.
Tuesday, June 12 from 8:30 a.m – 1:30 p.m.
See the full agenda.
- Featured Educational Session – Introduction to the new and improved wetted parts list
- WQRF Report
- Meet one on one with your Project Leader
- Standards Updates and Scheme Changes
- Business Development and International Overviews
- Government Affairs Update
- Customer Feedback Session
- Join us for an evening out at The Main Event.
Government Affairs Update:
Combating Counterfeits -- The water treatment industry has experienced firsthand, counterfeit water filter and treatment products. Participants will learn how WQA is addressing counterfeits in the industry and ways to protect your intellectual property.
- Overview of WQA actions to combat counterfeiting
- Intelligence Property Rights Center
- Department of Commerce
- E-tailors resources
- AHAM FilterItOut Campaign
- Coalition to Combat Counterfeiting
- WQA.org resources for Association members
- What Everyone Ought to Know About the Regulatory Trends Affecting the Water Treatment Industry
Drinking water treatment has been a major focus at the state and federal level since the Flint, Michigan water crisis, spurring a closer look at water treatment and infrastructure, the Lead and Copper Rule, and unregulated contaminants. Where does WQA fit in? Learn about the on-coming state and federal drinking water activities and how to find contaminant occurrence data. The forum will include:
- Legislative update
- PFOA/PFOS state policies
- Finding contaminant occurrence data
This is a great opportunity for clients to meet Kelli Fleischmann, the new WQA Product Certification Director, their WQA Project Leader and other WQA staff, and to have confidential face to face discussions about future or current projects.
This event is completely free to attend, although you are responsible for your own travel and hotel expenses.
See the full agenda.