The Industry Research Committee provides member value through analytics, statistics and data trend analysis. The committee's first action item after its 2016 formation was to understand and administer the Tank and Valve report. One main objective that was completed and implemented in January of 2017 was to enhance the intrinsic value of the report by making it digital and interactive.
The committee now is working to understand the make-up of the WQA membership and evaluate additional reports that members would find value in.
Watch a video replay of the Industry Research Committee meeting at the 2020 Mid-Year Leadership Conference which was held online after Covid-19 forced cancellation of the on site event in Lake Tahoe, CA. Watch it here. Member login required to view the replay.
- Advises staff on developing and executing collection and analysis of relevant industry statistics and trends
- Reviews results of the statistics and trends and provides recommendations to responding to key findings
- Provides semi-annual reports to the Board of Governors
What We Are Looking For:
- An understanding of what industry research, data and tracking the water treatment industry generally lacks
- Experience in having commissioned or conducted market studies, not a requirement
- Representatives from all treatment technology types (filter, RO, softeners, etc)
- Representatives from all business sectors (sell direct to consumers or through retail channels)
- Representatives from different geographical interests (domestic vs. international)
Frequency of Meetings: TBD
Staff Liaison: Technical Affairs Director Eric Yeggy
The annual Call for Volunteers will open in January 2022.