The Professional Certification and Training Committee provides guidance on professional certification policies and educational topics for the training and certification programs offered to the industry.
The committee's input was key in restructuring WQA's distance education into its current modular, online format. In the last few years the committee has also overseen the completion of several new certification exams and has been focused on improving the end-user experience with the new online training.
Watch a video replay of the Professional Certification and Training Committee meeting held online during the 2020 Mid-Year Leadership Conference. Watch here (requires Member log-in).
- Manage the tasks of WQA relating to education, professional certification, seminars and other information in support of members needs (does not include data collection for matters relative to market development, consumers or trade shows)
- Provide semi-annual reports to the Board of Governors
What We Are Looking For:
- Individuals with the ability to speak to the technical training needs of industry personnel for the various job roles (sales, treatment system configuration, installation, service)
- Individuals with the ability to provide insight on existing training processes used in dealerships and by manufacturers
- Individuals with the ability to offer technical guidance on accuracy and timeliness of existing WQA materials
- First-hand familiarity with WQA's Professional Certification and Modular Education Programs
- WQA-certification is not a requirement
Frequency of Meetings:
- In Person Meetings: WQA Convention & Exposition, WQA Mid-Year Leadership Conference
- Conference Call: approximately once every 2 months
Staff Liaison: Professional Certification & Training Director Tanya Luber
Visit wqa.org/volunteer for information on signing up to serve on a WQA committee or advisory council.