WQA is offering instructor-led training based on the Certified Installer Training Pathway. The16-week course is taught live through Zoom for one hour once a week plus an additional 30 minutes to one hour of homework each week. Two sessions are available to accommodate the different time zones.
Watch this video to learn more about the advantages of instructor-led training:
Instructor-led training offers two main advantages:
- It helps keep learners on track and progressing through the training
- It is better for those who learn by doing rather than reading
WQA instructors have real-world experience in POU/POE water treatment that they bring to the course. The course is also structured to allow for discussion, questions, and sharing of ideas. Additional weeks may be scheduled to accommodate participants' questions.
Water treatment installers who complete the 16-week course and all associated homework and have at least six months field experience in installation will be eligible to take the Certified Installer exam. So get your team together and consider which session works best for you!
(For best results, learners’ schedules should be adjusted to allow for the weekly Zoom sessions and an additional hour immediately afterward to complete homework. They'll be on their way to certification in just a few short months!)
Please choose one of these concurrent sessions:
|When: Thursdays at 8 a.m. Mountain (7 a.m. Pacific)
||When: Tuesdays at 8 a.m. Eastern (7 a.m. Central)
|Start date: Thursday, January 20, 2022
||Start date: Tuesday, January 25, 2022
SESSION HAS BEGUN
FRIDAY, JAN. 21
- Understanding and applying a safe workplace, including appropriately using Personal Protective equipment.
- Installing equipment according to Local, State, Federal Plumbing Codes and manufacturer instructions.
- Identifying water softeners, filters, disinfection equipment, reverse osmosis; their basic application, installation, and start-up procedures as per manufacturer and code requirements.
- Installing equipment in the correct direction of flow and treatment train sequence.
- Verifying equipment performance is to spec and training end-user on operation and maintenance.
- Using selected tools to measure, create piping connections, fastening supports and hangers.
- Using water test reports, manufacturer manuals and related plumbing code references.
- Identifying product certification standards and claims.
- Applying the guidelines in the WQA Code of Ethics.
||Clifford L. Fasnacht, MWS
||Paul Friot, MWS
Darren is the Owner / Operator of Adasak Mechanical in Kamloops, British Columbia. He has been in the plumbing industry since 1984, working as a plumber/gas fitter. Along the way he had a career with Local Government as a Plumbing and Building Official and is a Registered Onsite Wastewater Professional, a Certified Cross Connection Control and Backflow Prevention Tester and has been trained in the design and installation of rainwater harvesting systems.
Darren is involved with Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops with plumbing instruction and the Program Advisory Committee (PAC).
Clifford L. Fasnacht built Dougherty Pump & Drilling Inc., a general engineering and service business, and Pacific Purification Inc. a service and custom manufacturing business. His clients have ranged from mega corporation giants who include fertilizer manufacturers, aerospace companies, pharmaceutical manufactures, and water treatment companies to private home owners.
He is past president of the Pacific Water Quality Association (PWQA) and serves on several task forces and education committees for the Water Quality Association.
Paul has 45 years of experience in water treatment as an independent dealer in Massachusetts.
He is a WQA Master Water Specialist and holds a U.S. patent for an arsenic removal process.
He recently started a new business, Get Water Answers, which provides consumers and water treatment dealers with help understanding water test results or water problems they find challenging.
$685 WQA Core/Premier Members | $840 WQA E-Members | $1,535 Non-members
*If you are already enrolled in the mentored-MEP version of the installer course and have 6 or more months remaining on your subscription, the cost of the MEP will be credited toward the instructor-led course. Subscribers with less than six months remaining are eligible for a reduced fee for the instructor-led course. Please email email@example.com for details.
Click here for a printable PDF listing the course curriculum and course policies.
Quick-Start Guide to Access Homework
Click here for a printable PDF with instructions for getting started on desktops/laptops and mobile devices.