WQA announces leadership award winners
12 to be honored during WQA Convention’s Opening General Session
Lisle, Ill. (April 2, 2019) – The Water Quality Association will honor 12 people – including the former majority leader of the U.S. House of Representatives – with leadership awards during the WQA Convention and Exposition April 23-25 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The awards presentation is part of the convention’s Opening General Session at 9:30 a.m. PDT (11:30 a.m. CDT) on Wednesday, April 24.
The awards and honorees:
- Hall of Fame awards to Douglas C. Haring, MRW, CI, CWR, Clack Corporation, and to Douglas R. Oberhamer, Culligan of Phoenix.
- Lifetime Member award to Vincent M. Kent, CWS, CI, of Abendroth Water Conditioning, Inc.
- Honorary Member award to The Hon. Richard A. Gephardt of Gephardt Government Affairs.
- Key Award to Donald K. McGhee, MWS, of Hydro Systems Inc.
- Regents Award to Joe Landowski, Culligan of Waukesha.
- The Ray Cross Award to Chris Wilker of EcoWater Systems LLC.
- The Award of Merit to David Martin of Water Conditioning & Purification International magazine; and to Kelly R. Thompson, MWS, CI of Moti-Vitality.
- The International Award of Merit to Michael R. Long, MWS, of ELKEN Sdn Bhd
- The Next Gen Award to Sterling McNeill of Parker Hannifin and to Ryan Prince of GE Appliances
More information about the honorees will be provided during the 2019 Convention. You can register or get other Convention information at wqa.org/convention.
WQA is a not-for-profit trade association representing the residential, commercial, and industrial water treatment industry. WQA’s education and professional certification programs have been providing industry-standardized training and credentialing since 1977. The WQA Gold Seal certification program has been certifying products that contribute to the safe consumption of water since 1959. The WQA Gold Seal program is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Standards Council of Canada (SCC).