WQA Mid-Year Leadership Conference focuses on future
New website, registration now open for Sept. 9-11 event in San Antonio, Texas
LISLE, Ill. (July 10, 2019) –A keynote from a labor department official, water treatment industry updates, opportunities to share opinions in committee meetings or a town hall, and fun events to benefit the Water Quality Research Foundation are among the events planned for the Water Quality Association’s Mid-Year Leadership Conference Sept. 9-11 in San Antonio, Texas. Registration is open now at the event’s new website, wqa.org/mylc.
“Our theme, ‘Meeting Tomorrow’s Water Challenges Today,’ highlights our focus on rising now to the challenges before us,” said WQA President Steve Ver Strat. “We’re expanding the conference this year so it will be an ideal opportunity for our members to get better acquainted, focus on our future, and introduce first-time attendees to all that makes the WQA essential to our industry.”
Among the events scheduled at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa:
- A fresh economic outlook from Dean Heyle, Director of the Office of Public Liaison for the U.S. Department of Labor, at the opening breakfast Tuesday, Sept. 10.
- Important industry and association updates at the WQA Industry Update Luncheon (sponsored by Puronics) on Wednesday, Sept. 11.
- The WQRF Golf Tournament the afternoon of Monday, Sept. 9.
- Education sessions on a variety of technical topics the afternoon of Monday, Sept. 9.
- A San Antonio River Walk cruise benefitting WQRF on Monday night, Sept. 9 (after a fun Welcome Reception that evening).
- A chance to ask your questions and hear water quality insights during a Town Hall meeting the afternoon of Tuesday, Sept. 10.
- A WQRF benefit dinner on Tuesday, Sept. 10, which will give you a chance to hear what’s new at the foundation and get to know industry leaders and colleagues while enjoying a delicious meal.
- Committee meetings, section meetings and research updates all three days.If you’re not already involved in WQA, here’s your chance to hear what’s going on and to see where you’d like to be a part of things.
Conference registration is $325 for WQA members, $425 for non-members. Details and pricing for WQRF benefit events, housing and other items is available at the event’s website, wqa.org/mylc.
WQA is a not-for-profit trade association representing the residential, commercial, and industrial water treatment industry. WQA’s education and professional certification programs have been providing industry-standardized training and credentialing since 1977. The WQA Gold Seal certification program has been certifying products that contribute to the safe consumption of water since 1959. The WQA Gold Seal program is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Standards Council of Canada (SCC).
# # #