WQA to fill eight board seats during Annual Meeting
Voting to take place during Opening General Session of WQA Convention
Lisle, Ill. (Jan. 30, 2020) – A slate of nominees for the Water Quality Association Board of Directors is up for election at the association’s 2020 Annual Meeting, held during the WQA Convention and Exposition April 1-3 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL. The annual meeting is part of the convention’s Opening General Session at 9:30 a.m. EDT (8:30 a.m. CDT) on Thursday, April 2.
- Larry Gottlieb, ResinTech, Inc., West Berlin, NJ (seeking re-election)
- Doug Haring, Clack Corporation, Windsor, WI
- Trent Jacobi, GE Appliances, a Haier Company, Louisville, KY
- Sun Yong Lee, Coway Co., Seoul, South Korea
- Steve Ver Strat, Amway, Ada, MI (seeking re-election)
- Donald K. McGhee, MWS, HydroSystems, Inc., Harlingen, TX (seeking re-election)
- Michael McGowan, MWS, McGowan Water Conditioning, Inc., Mankato, MN (seeking re-election)
- DJ Shannahan, MWS, CI, CCO, Sharp Water Culligan, Salisbury, NJ (seeking re-election)
Each nominee’s biography and more information about the annual meeting is posted on the WQA website. Members unable to attend the meeting in person can complete proxy voting forms and return them to WQA Offices by March 13.
Registration and other information about the 2020 Convention is available at wqa.org/convention. Registering by Feb. 5 saves $50 per person with early bird pricing.
WQA is a not-for-profit trade association representing the residential, commercial, and industrial water treatment industry. WQA’s education and professional certification programs have been providing industry-standardized training and credentialing since 1977. The WQA Gold Seal certification program has been certifying products that contribute to the safe consumption of water since 1959. The WQA Gold Seal program is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Standards Council of Canada (SCC).
# # #